27 September 2013

Fine Old Drawing title: "20 X 20"

(c)1986 Ralf Schulze
So, I used to work at a bronze art foundry where they made sculptures for artists in the very classic lost-wax method.  The company was Tallix and most people who worked there were also artists who were "struggling" including myself. 
At the time (1986) I was starting to draw mini-comix and I was participating in a lot of Mail-Art also.  And I came up with the idea of Tallix Funnies.   It was a great way to make fun of your co-workers, bosses and the artists who were essentially the "customer" of the foundry.  I did most of the first issue, but many talented people began contributing a lot of cool comics.
But I digress,  I wanted to get all 10 + 1 issues of Tallix Funnies on-line.  So I made a request on the Facebook page called Ex-Tallix employees for some help finding issues I no longer had.
Darren Lewis sent me a bunch of old issues along with the shown artwork of mine that I gave him all those many years ago.  I don't know what 20 x 20 means... maybe 20 horizontal lines -by- 20 vertical lines....
So that was an odd and long-winded  story to how I got back this old art of mine. 
It is ink marker and color pencil on 9 x 12 cardstock white paper.
I like how I made the circles appear with out being explicit.

No comments:

Post a Comment